Our heart beats for COZINESS
In the wintertime, the snow fairy turns the river Malta valley into a white winter wonderland. We are all set for a gentle winter vacation for big and small and want to treat you with “Carinthia Gemütlichkeit” of the hustle and bustle of the mega ski resorts. Spend your winter vacation in a new way this time. A gentle winter vacation means for us to experience nature closely, intensively and in a genuine way.
Enjoy some quiet time
A winter vacation at our hotel means pure nature: A winter landscape with frozen waterfalls, inviting hiking paths and the happy laughter of children at the sledding hill. Observe the animal feeding in the quiet winter forest, explore many a nature jewel by sleigh and get to know our beautiful landscape. A pony ride in the winter landscape will be a memorable experience for every child. Or how about a torch light snowscape hike in the dark? You can warm up afterwards at the open fire in our restaurant- with children’s punch and strong mulled wine.
There are plenty of additional outdoor exercise options:
- traditional sledding for “grown-ups” , starting from the chalet Gmünder Hütte or from Stubeck mountain
- guided winter hiking tours for the entire family with a National Park Ranger
- ice skating in Malta and Gmünd
- cross-country skiing in Gmünd, Katschberg or Innerkrems
- free ski shuttle to the skiing areas Katschberg and Goldeck
- thermal baths Kathrein and Römerbad ca. 45 minutes away by car
- strolling around in the little artist town of Gmünd
- ice climbing classes for adults